DSRC Pool Rules
The pool rules have been updated this year. You may read them below. Please download a copy of the DSRC Rule Book for the complete set of rules.
The Board of Directors of the Darien Swim and Racquet Club to govern the safe and sanitary operation of pools and facilities related thereto has adopted the following rules and regulations. They are for the benefit and protection of all the members and are subject to change at any time by action of the Board of Directors. The manager in charge is authorized to initiate temporary policies or rules at any time such action in his/her opinion is necessary. Those rules and regulations required by the State of Illinois may not be altered. Pool supervisory personnel and the Pools and Grounds Chairman are responsible for the enforcement of these rules and are authorized to suspend pool privileges for violations in accordance with the bylaws: Article III, Section 7. Parents are requested to caution their children to observe all rules and obey instructions of the staff in order to promote the SAFETY, CLEANLINESS, AND ENJOYMENT OF ALL. Family members are responsible for any and all guests being aware of these rules and regulations and the compliance therewith.
POOL HOURS* (General Use) Sunday through Thursday 11:00 to 9:00 PM Friday and Saturday 11:00AM to 10:00 PM
* Pool will not be open if the outside temperature is below 68 degrees, or during other inclement weather.
- All persons using the Club facilities do so at their own risk. The Club is not responsible for any accident or injury on the premises and is not responsible for loss, theft, or damage to clothing, automobile, bicycles, or any other personal effects.
- Animals are not permitted on Club property.
- All deck furniture (lounges, deck chairs) is limited to one person. Use of lounges is restricted to adults only (eighteen years of age or older) at all times.
- Anyone not occupying deck furniture should relinquish same by removing personal belongings, otherwise, such belongings are subject to removal.
- Bicycles must be parked in the area provided.
- Any complaints with respect to employees should be reported to the Pool Manager.
- Members and their guests are requested not to short cut through private property to obtain entrance to the Club facilities, nor shall members enter the pool area except through the proper entrance.
- Lounge chairs may not be used behind diving boards, or in the concession stand area, unless approved by the Pool Manager.
- The pool may not be used unless supervisory personnel are on duty.
- Running, pushing, dunking, horseplay, imitating the action of a drowning person, throwing objects, etc., are forbidden. This includes areas around the pool.
- Floating objects will be allowed in the pool only when specific permission is obtained from the lifeguard on duty.
- Ball games, water polo, horse and rider contests, and other games are prohibited
- The use of glass or metal in any form is forbidden in the pool area.
- The last fifteen (15) minutes of each hour will be reserved for adult swimming
(18 years of age or older) in the large pool. A lap lane will be maintained at all times.
- Bathers using suntan lotions, cream or oil are required to shower before entering the pool.
- No one will be permitted in the diving area that cannot demonstrate to the satisfaction of the guard on duty the ability to swim twenty-five (25) yards.
- Pool personnel may require proof of swimming ability for entrance into the large pool.
- Snorkels, masks with glasses, and scuba diving equipment will not be allowed in the pool.
- Use of nerf balls will be allowed at the discretion of the pool management.
- Members are permitted to bring alcoholic beverages in the concession stand area. Intoxicated persons shall not be admitted to the pool and any person becoming intoxicated will be required to leave the Club facilities, upon request of the Manager.
- The Board of Directors may close the pool for health and/or safety reasons as well as for sponsored events.
STATE OF ILLINOIS REGULATIONS
Admission to the pool Is refused to all persons having any venereal disease, contagious disease, infectious condition such as colds fevers, ringworm, foot infection, skin lesions, carbuncles, pimples, inflamed eyes, ear discharges, etc., or any other condition which has the appearance of being Infectious. Persons with excessive sunburn, abrasions which have not healed, corn plasters, bunion pads, adhesive tape, rubber bandages, etc., or other bandages of any kind will not be admitted.
- No food, drink, gum, tobacco, or alcoholic beverage will be allowed in pool area except when authorized by the Board of Directors.
- All persons will be required to take a shower in the nude with soap and warm water before being allowed in the pool area. Bathers who leave the pool area for any reason are required to shower before returning to the pool.
- The pool manager shall have the authority to adopt requirements, which would require swimmers with long hair to wear bathing caps/tied up.
- All persons shall be subject to any other rules and regulations, which the pool management may deem necessary for the good and safety of all.
- Personal conduct in the pool and bathhouse must be such that the safety of the self and the others are not jeopardized. People in street shoes, and other spectators, are not allowed in the pool deck area.
- Unnecessary expectoration, spouting of water, roughness etc.,will not be permitted.
- Whenever additional rules are deemed advisable for proper conduct of this pool and the protection of the health and safety of its patrons, the management is authorized to issue and put into effect such rule, either printed or verbal.
- All bathing apparel worn in the pool must be clean and sanitary.
- This placard embodying pool regulations and instructions should be conspicuously posted in the pool area or enclosure and in the dressing rooms of all swimming pools.
Please download a copy of the DSRC Rule Book